Excellence in education for every child at every level by focusing on quality instruction, managing systems efficiently, and sustaining a culture of excellence.
We dream of children who passionately love their country and whose values and competencies enable them to realize their full potential and contribute meaningfully to building the nation. As a learner-centered institution, the Thromde Education sector continuously improves itself to better serve its stakeholders.
To protect and promote the right of every child in Phuentsholing Thromde to quality, equitable, culture-based, and complete basic education where:
Student learns in a child friendly, gender-sensitive, safe, and motivating environment.
Teachers facilitate learning and constantly nurture every learner.
Schools will ensure an enabling and supportive environment for effective learning to happen.
Parents, community and other stakeholders are actively engaged and share responsibilities for developing life – long learners.
We, the faculty of Thromde Education Sector, commit to the following values:
Leadership: We value and are committed to exercising leadership characterized by innovation and vision.
Excellence: We value excellence in teaching, service and research. We are committed to promoting creative and critical thinking among teachers, students and staff within a culture of inspiration, high expectations, accountability and quality service to students, the parents and communities.
Social and Ethical Responsibility: We value honesty, integrity, respect, compassion, and professional and scholarly ethics among teachers, staff and students. We are committed to increasing access to opportunities.
Diversity: We value respect for cultural, individual and role difference, including those due to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, marital status, family configuration, disability, language, philosophical orientation, and socioeconomic status among others. We are committed to continuous critical reflections of self and practice central to the true spirit of diversity.
Communication and Collaboration: We value open communication and collaboration within and across organizational units and with our external communities. We are committed to maintaining a spirit of community where differences of opinion are encouraged.
THROMDE ACADEMIC STEERING COMMITTEE
Purpose of Thromde Academic Steering Committee:
- The Academic quality Assurance is seen as an immediate requirement in the Thromde schools.
- Phuentsholing Thromde schools needed to be models in instructional excellence for the rest of the country.
- To ensure that the best practices in respect to curriculum implementation, classroom delivery and green school initiatives are shared and resolved through collective wisdom.
- To institute a forum where every subject teacher under Phuentsholing Thromde schools could discuss on academic challenges and accordingly provide the support.
THROMDE ACADEMIC STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Yangki Dem, Principal, Phuentsholing HSS. She shall be the advisor for the committee.
- Jigme, Principal, Norbu Academy. He shall represent the Higher Secondary Schools.
- Dorji Tshering, Principal, Sonamgang MSS. He shall represent the Middle Secondary Schools.
- Tshewang Rinzin, Principal, Phuentsholing MSS. He shall represent the Lower Secondary Schools.
- Deki Pelden, Vice Principal, Phuentsholing MSS. She shall represent the Primary Levels.
- Dorji Wangchuk, TEO, Phuentsholing Thromde.
Thromde Academic Committee Guidelines:
The roles and responsibilities of the TAC members would be to:
- Assist schools in the Thromde with the curriculum implementation needs.
- Review and recommend modifications in the curriculum as per the need of the time.
- Initiate and trial test innovation experiential learning strategies in one’s own classes and subject/s.
- Write and publish articles on effective instructional practices towards improving the education system.
- Moderate the question papers of the annual Examinations as per the guidelines provided and provide feedback on the quality of the papers set.
- To coordinate subject group meetings.
- To initiate needs based study in schools and provide assistance through collaboration approach with the subject teachers.